About The Loma Club
Enjoy a Historic San Diego Golf Course
Dating back to the early 1900s, The Loma Club was originally part of the historic San Diego Country Club, which merged with A.G. Spalding’s Point Loma Golf Club in 1914 to create a San Diego landmark that has been in existence for over a century.
Located in the Naval Training Center (now Liberty Station), the course was utilized by the Navy during the 1920s for physical fitness and recruit training. While serving in the Navy, the legendary Sam Snead acted as the head Golf Professional.
Formerly known as Sail Ho Golf Course, the club attracted talent such as Craig Stadler and Phil Mickelson in Junior Golf Tournaments throughout the years.
The Loma Club presently features state of the art fairways, greens and practice facilities designed by renowned San Diego architect, Cary Bickler. The Loma Club combines a gorgeous and fun course with an amazing indoor/outdoor space, perfect for events and tournaments.
Enjoy our San Diego Golf Facilities